Friday, November 11, 2011

New Books and Random Thoughts

I got several new books today.  Joy of joys I have more books.  This is one of those moments where I know I'm a Dominican.  I got books in the mail and got all giddy.  I now have a copy of The Dialogues of St. Catherine of Sienna, Silence of St. Thomas, The Foundations of Religious Life: Revisiting the Vision, and Mysticism and Prophecy: The Dominican Tradition.  I was able to purchase all these lovely books due to an Amazon gift card I forgot I had.  Yes, I bought books instead of other fun stuff.  Yes I am a nerd.  I promise that as I finish each book that I will write a review.

Now onto my random thoughts...
I have been thinking a lot lately.  I've been thinking about writing a paper on Heidegger and identity as evidenced in Being and Time, shortening my thesis into a publishable article, contacting all these Dominicans again, my dad and stepmom, my mom, my job and God and where He wants me.

I truly believe that God has an amazing plan for all of us; a plan greater than any we could ever dream of.  I keep wishing I knew what that plan was because I am failing to understand the point of everything that has gone on in my life.  I keep trying to date boys and failing because ultimately no man can ever love me as God does, because no man will ever treat me as well, because no man can ever compete with God.  I read once that once God has seduced you there is no other.  How true I constantly find this.  I have wonderful, kind, intelligent, compassionate, funny men that want my affection.  I turn them all down because I long for God and I long to be his alone.  This causes me to think about the quote, "A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek Him to find it."  However I believe that once you truly become 'lost' in God, once you truly come to know Him and let Him love you and fill your heart that there will never be another man for you.  Once you have allowed Him to pierce your heart, to live in your soul.  Once you become a regular visitor to His home there is nowhere else you would rather be and there is no other you will allow to live in your heart.  When I go out with a man I see God in him and I fall in love all over again, but not with the man, and my heart cries out and longs for the day when I am espoused to Him.  There is so much beauty in the Lord crucified.  His sacrifice for us.  There is beauty in His and pain and suffering.  How can you not fall completely in love with someone who willing suffered so much and went through such great and terrible pain out love for you?  How can you not want to spend your life dwelling with Him?  How can you not want to devote your life to Him?  I fall asleep every night talking with Him.  There is nothing like falling asleep with your lover.  My lover is always with me and He never leaves me and never will.  Only I can chose to leave Him and even when I chose to leave He stays with me, forever loving me and I know that I always turn around and go back to Him.  Time to start praying those sorrowful mysteries again so that I can spend more time investigating and meditating on the beauty of His pain and His sacrifice.  I am in love with Christ crucified and there is nothing more beautiful.

In Christ our life,

Thomas Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment